اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Nablus governor: Islamic bloc's arrest allegations 'fabricated'
Published Wednesday 29/10/2008 17:35
Font- Font+
[Ma'anImages]
Nablus/Salfit - Ma'an - The Islamic bloc at An-Najah National University did not decide to boycott student elections in response to arrests, the governor of Nablus said Wednesday.

The bloc had previously claimed that "the main reason why [we] pulled out of the student elections is that the security services arrested dozens affiliated to the bloc," according to a statement.

But Nablus Governor Jamal Muheisen said Wednesday that the allegations were "fabricated and not true, at all."

"Their aim is to create a problematic atmosphere at the university and among its students, all the while the university is trying to create a democratic atmosphere," he said.

"I challenge the Islamic bloc to list the names of those who were allegedly arrested by security services," Muheisen added.

The governor also said that the Islamic bloc should be "more reasonable" and avoid blaming others for their pullout from elections, especially "if their reasons for doing so were personal."

Print
.:: Comments Are Inactive ::.

Share/Bookmark

Islamic Jihad: 5 week waiting period could hinder reconciliation
Palestinians in Israel condemn plan to recruit Christians
Ashrawi: Negotiations have proven to be self-defeating

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014