Israel's list of banned goods into Gaza
Published Wednesday 07/07/2010 (updated) 15/08/2010 16:02
Below is the official statement issued by Israel’s Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories on 6 July 2010 and a list of goods barred from entry into Gaza.
Israel and the PA established joint-teams, as a part of the expansion of the land crossings' operation, and immediate steps were carried out in order to improve the efficiency of their operation. These include modifications of the infrastructure on both sides of the crossing, extending the operating hours of the crossings and augmenting the manpower.
The list of controlled items is based strictly on security considerations,
The list shall be updated from time to time based on security considerations.
The list of controlled items:
1. Missile Equipment and Munitions:
a. All items listed in the Defense Export Control Order (DefenseEquipment), 2008.
b. All items listed in the Defense Export Control Order (MissileTechnology), 2008
2. Dual-use items:
a. All items listed in the Defense Export Control Order (Controlled Dual- use Equipment), 2008.
b. Defense Export Control Order (Controlled Dual-use Equipment Transferred to Areas Under Palestinian Civilian Control), 2008.
c. All dual-use items listed in Appendix A.
3. Dual-use items required for projects (In general, items included in this list, required for approved PA-authorized projects will be
allowed entry into the Gaza Strip, subject to international implementation and supervision) as listed in Appendix B.
1. Any item not contained in the list of controlled items will be allowed to enter the Gaza Strip.
2. The list of controlled items will be updated from time to time.
3. Requests for authorization to transfer items included in this list to the Gaza Strip may be referred to the Gaza CLA.
Appendix A - List of Controlled Dual-Use Items
1. Fertilizers or any mixture containing chloric potassium with concentrations greater than 5%.
2. Fibers or textiles containing carbon (carbon fibers or graphite fibers), including:
a. Chopped carbon fibers
b. Carbon roving
c. Carbon strand
d. Carbon fabric tape
3. Glass fiber-based raw materials, including: a. Chopped glass fibers.
b. Glass roving
c. Glass strand
d. Glass fabric tape
5. Fibers or fabrics featuring polyethylene, also known as Dyneema
6. Retro detection devices
7. Gas tanks
8. Drilling equipment
9. Equipment for the production of water from drillings
10. Vinyl esther resins
11. Epoxy resins
12. Hardeners for epoxy resins featuring chemical groups of durable or reliable types, including:
a. DETA diethylenetriamine
b. TETA thiethylenetramine
c. AEP aminoethylpiperazine
e. Jeffamine T-403
f. Catalyst 4,5,6,22,23,105, 140, 145,150,179,190,240.
g. D.E.H 20,24,25,26,29,52,58,80,81,82,83,84,85,87.
h. XZ 92740.00
13. Vinyl esther accelerants, including:
b. Cobalt octoate
c. MEKP methylethyl keyone peroxide
d. AAP acetyl acetone peroxide
e. CuHP cumene hydroperoxide M or H type HTPB, hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene.
14. Water disinfection materials solutions with a concentration of over 11%.
Appendix B Dual-use Items for Projects
1. Portland cement, quicklime (bulk or bags or drums)
2. Natural aggregates, quarry aggregates and all foundation materials
3. Prepared concrete
4. Concrete elements and/or precast and/or tensed concrete
5. Steel elements and/construction products
6. Concrete for foundations and pillars of any diameter (including welded steel mesh)
7. Steel cables of any thickness
8. Forms for construction elements of plastic or galvanized steel
9. Industrial forms for concrete pouring
10. Beams from composite materials or plastic with a panel thickness of 4mm and thicker
11. Thermal insulation materials and/or products
12. Concrete blocks, silicate, Ytong or equivalent, plaster (of any thickness)
13. Building sealing materials or products
14. Asphalt and its components (bitumen, emulsion) in bulk or in packages of any sort
15. Steel elements and/or steel working products for construction
16. Elements and/or products for channeling and drainage from precast concrete with diameters of over 1mm
17. Trailersand/or shipping containers
18. Natural wood beams and platforms over 2cm thick except for those in finished products.
19. Vehicles except for personal vehicles (not including 4X4 vehicles), including construction vehicles