Islamic Jihad says military capabilities not affected
Published Sunday 18/11/2012 (updated) 19/11/2012 19:53
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- Islamic Jihad's armed wing said Sunday its military power has not been harmed by five days of Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip.
Abu Ahmad, spokesman for the al-Quds Brigades, told Ma'an the ongoing battle would end with victory for the Palestinian people and their resistance.
"Our fighters are going on with missile attacks," he said, adding that the brigades had injured 16 Israelis in Ashdod, Ashkelon and Ofakim on Sunday.
Abu Ahmad denied Israeli claims that hundreds of missile launching pads had been destroyed, saying that Israel only hit civilians and fake targets.
The Al-Quds Brigades spokesman said the political leadership of Islamic Jihad had started discussions in Cairo to set the criteria for reaching a ceasefire, which must guarantee the protection of the Palestinian people.
"Israel is seeking to step down from the war locomotive after the Israeli government realized how huge the predicament they got involved in is," he added.