اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Israeli airstrikes kill 11, injure 70
Published Monday 19/11/2012 (updated) 20/11/2012 00:48
Font- Font+
A Palestinian woman holds her belongings at the site of her
destroyed house after an Israeli airstrike in Rafah in southern
Gaza Strip Nov. 18, 2012 (Reuters/Ibrahemm Abu Mustafa)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Multiple airstrikes killed eleven people and injured at least 70 as Israel's assault on the Gaza Strip entered its sixth day Monday, a Ma'an reporter said.

Muhammed Iyad Abu Zour, 4, Abu Zour, 19, Ahed Al-Qatati, 38, and Sahar Abu Zour were killed after airstrikes hit a house in the al-Zaitoun neighborhood of Gaza City.

Muhammad Salameh Jundi, 31, was killed in the al-Shujaiyeh neighborhood, Imad Abu Hamda, 30, was killed in al-Shati refugee camp, and Jalal Nasr, 35, died from wounds sustained in a strike on Jabalia, north of Gaza.

An 18-month-old baby, Rama al-Shandi, was also reported killed in the strikes.

Thirty other people were wounded in the attacks and reporters in Gaza City said a massive blast at 2 a.m. damaged a police station.

In Rafah, Sabha al-Hashash, 60, was killed and three others wounded when warplanes struck the home of Mahmoud al-Hashash. The wounded were taken to hospital with moderate injuries.

A second airstrike hit an area in the north of Rafah, killing Ahmad Hussein Agha and Saif al-Sadiq and injuring one other person.

An Israeli army spokeswoman said there were no reports of rocket attacks since midnight.

United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon was due to arrive in Cairo to add his weight to ongoing truce efforts being led by Egypt.

Izzat Risheq, a close aide to Hamas chief-in-exile Khalid Mashaal, wrote in a Facebook message that Hamas would agree to a ceasefire only after Israel "stops its aggression, ends its policy of targeted assassinations and lifts the blockade of Gaza".

Listing Israel's terms, Vice Prime Minister Moshe Yaalon wrote on Twitter: "If there is quiet in the south and no rockets and missiles are fired at Israel's citizens, nor terrorist attacks engineered from the Gaza Strip, we will not attack."

Some 88 Palestinians have been killed since Israel launched Operation Pillar of Cloud on Wednesday, after assassinating Hamas military commander Ahmad al-Jaabari.

Reuters contributed to this report
Print
1 ) ian / australia
19/11/2012 05:50
"Listing Israel's terms, Vice Prime Minister Moshe Yaalon wrote..."If there is quiet in the south and no rockets and missiles are fired at Israel's citizens, nor terrorist attacks engineered from the Gaza Strip, we will not attack." An obvious lie given there were no rockets fired during the night. They resumed in the morning in response to Israeli provocations...which was clearly the desired (and predictable) effect.

2 ) Reader / from Edmonton
19/11/2012 06:37
Israel's assault on Gaza will continue until Abbas pulls his statehood bid at the UN.

3 ) Julie / USA
19/11/2012 07:20
#1 ian - exactly! those were my first thoughts also! aside from izrael's OBVIOUS lies, which are normal for them, is anyone keeping track of the total number of children and babies izrael's murdered so far??? every airstrike, babies are dying, so are children, women, elderly and non-combatants. in fact, i think more than the vast majority murdered so far are innocent civilians! Pals are documenting this, i can't wait til they head to the ICC with these obscene crimes when they gain statehood.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Obama: New truce 'very hard' if no confidence in Hamas
Palestinian journalist killed in Israeli strike on Rafah
Israeli army threatens to call up 80,000 reservists, re-occupy Rafah

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014