Minister: Gaza govt ready to aid world reconstruction efforts
Published Sunday 09/12/2012 (updated) 10/12/2012 10:34
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- Gaza's government is ready to facilitate international and regional support to reconstruct the coastal strip after the recent Israeli bombardment, a minister said Sunday.
Minister of public works and housing Yousef Subhi Al-Ghariz said they will provide all necessary services for world institutions to work in Gaza.
"Gaza hasn’t yet finished reconstructing what was destroyed in the 2008-2009 war, there are some house that are still being reconstructed from that time," he noted.
Earlier this week, Gaza prime minister Ismail Haniyeh appealed to Arab states and friends of the Palestinian people to help pay for reconstruction. The damage has been assessed at between $250 million and $545 million.