اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Gaza official: Egypt pledged to end Rafah blacklist
Published Sunday 16/12/2012 (updated) 18/12/2012 09:55
Font- Font+
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- Egyptian authorities have pledged to end a blacklist of Gaza residents who cannot use the Rafah crossing to leave the coastal strip, an official in Gaza said on Sunday.

Cabinet secretary-general Abdul Salam Siyam said Egypt also promised to increase the Rafah's capacity for passengers.

Applauding Egypt's support to Gaza, Siyam noted the significant difference between the current government and that of ousted Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak in their position towards Palestine.

Also on Sunday, EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton told Saudi-newspaper Okaz that Europe was considering returning its border monitors to the Egypt-Gaza border.

Last month, EU representative John Gatt-Rutter told reporters that the EU was prepared to redeploy its European Border Assistance Mission at Rafah crossing, "but that necessitates the approval of all sides."
Print
.:: No Comments ::.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Obama: New truce 'very hard' if no confidence in Hamas
Palestinian journalist killed in Israeli strike on Rafah
Israeli army threatens to call up 80,000 reservists, re-occupy Rafah

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014