اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Medics: Newborn dies after Gaza house fire
Published Thursday 21/02/2013 (updated) 22/02/2013 11:38
Font- Font+
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- A newborn baby girl died in hospital on Wednesday after she was severely burned in a house fire in Beit Lahiya in northern Gaza, medics said.

Jannat Ahmad Abu Ihayyil died hours after she was admitted to intensive care at Shifa Hospital in Gaza City.

Head of the emergency department Ayman Sahabani said Wednesday that the newborn had suffered burns to 45 percent of her body, including her head, neck and face in the fire, which was caused by a candle.

The baby's twin sister survived as she was asleep in another room.

House fires have led to several fatalities in the Gaza Strip recently as residents use candles during frequent power cuts.
Print
.:: No Comments ::.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

PA slams Hamas executions of alleged collaborators
4 killed in airstrikes across Gaza as death toll surpasses 2,100
Schools shut for 500,000 Gaza students as Israeli bombing continues

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014