Gaza youth dies from asphyxiation while trying to stay warm at home
Published Saturday 14/12/2013 (updated) 15/12/2013 18:56
A displaced family at a shelter in Gaza (MaanImages).
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- A young man in the city of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip died of asphyxiation on Saturday, Gaza-based Palestinian News Agency Safa reported.
Hamza al-Amour, 22, died Saturday of asphyxiation from a fire he was kindling in his room to stay warm, according to medical sources at the European hospital.
The Gaza Strip is currently under a state of emergency due to severe weather conditions caused by a historic storm front moving south across the Levant.