اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Official: Rafah crossing closed for seventh day in a row
Published Thursday 19/12/2013 (updated) 20/12/2013 22:31
Font- Font+
(MaanImages/file)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- The Rafah crossing between Egypt and the Gaza Strip has been closed seven days in row, a Palestinian official said.

The Gaza government's director of crossings Mahir Abu Sabha told Ma'an Thursday that the Egyptian authorities "promised" to open the crossing next week.

The Egyptians opened the crossing for five days earlier in December to allow people with special cases to travel to Egypt or return to the Gaza Strip.

The Rafah crossing has been the principal connection between Gaza's 1.7 million residents and the outside world since the imposition of an economic blockade by Israel beginning in 2007.

Rafah has frequently been shut down or operating at reduced capacity in recent months due to ongoing unrest in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula and political turmoil resulting from former president Mohamed Morsi's ouster by the Egyptian military in July.
Print
1 ) b / usa
19/12/2013 21:10
close it permanately

2 ) JESSE / USA
19/12/2013 22:31
and of course this is israels fault

3 ) Outlier / USA
20/12/2013 18:26
Consequence of Hamas' support of Sinai jihadists. If Hamas does not end this support, Gazans should get used to this closure.

4 ) Robert / US
20/12/2013 20:10
To #3 Jesse, who fault do you think it is ? Geez a 70 yr ILLEGAL OCCUPATION HAS NOTHING TO DUE WITH IT, does it Jesse.

5 ) Gary Cooper / USA
20/12/2013 22:23
@4 Were you kvetching when it was under Egyptian rule from 1948 until 1967?
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Israeli forces wound Palestinian in shooting near Jabaliya
Police officer killed, 2 injured in Cairo bomb attack
Israeli forces arrest 2 in Nablus village

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014