PA: Qusra residents sent a warning to violent settlers
Published Wednesday 08/01/2014 (updated) 09/01/2014 13:42
(MaanImages/Ahmad Telat Hassan)
RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- Palestinians who appended a group of settlers in the Nablus village of Qusra on Tuesday have sent a stern warning to their attackers, a Palestinian Authority official said Wednesday.
"They managed on Tuesday to defy groups of settlers who assaulted farmers in the village and tried to damage their property," PA media spokesman Ehab Bseiso said.
"They chased them in the fields until they surrounded them in a building under construction before they handed them to Israeli forces through the Palestinian liaison department."
The official said it was a clear case of self defense after living in daily fear that they will be attacked by extremist settlers.
The villagers "brought water to the detained settlers and gave them tissues to mop up their blood," Bseiso said.
However, the incident was also a message to the settlers to say: "stop your assaults on our children and properties, or otherwise you will pay a toll for your criminal acts."
Palestinian security sources told AFP locals had apprehended the settlers, some of whom were masked, after earlier clashes between the sides near Qusra village.
The governor of Nablus, Jibrin al-Bakri, later confirmed that the settlers had been transferred to Israeli military forces via Palestinian liaison officials.
Settlers routinely attack Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.