اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Netanyahu: We will respond 'forcefully' to rockets
Published Wednesday 12/03/2014 (updated) 14/03/2014 18:47
Font- Font+
(MaanImages)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday that Israel would respond "forcefully" against a volley of rocket fire launched against Israel, promising to maintain its security.

"It appears that a rocket salvo came in response to the preventative (air force) strike yesterday. we will continue stopping attacks and hitting those who wish to harm us, and will act against them with full force," Netanyahu wrote on Facebook shortly after the barrage, according to Israeli media.

"The number of rockets fired from the Gaza Strip in the last year has been the lowest in a decade, but this is not enough for us. We will continue acting to ensure the security of the people of Israel both in the south and across the country," Israel's Ynet news site quoted him as saying.

He added: "We will respond against the attacks forcefully and continue in our work against terror organizations."

The statements come after dozens of rockets launched from the Gaza Strip hit southern Israel.

The al-Quds Brigades of Islamic Jihad claimed the volley of rockets, which came a day after an Israeli air force strike killed three of the group's militants.

The three fighters were killed by the airstrike in southeast Khan Younis near the Sufa crossing.

The al-Quds Brigades said at the time that the militants were affiliated to the group.

"They were in confrontation with the occupation trying to stop the progress of Israeli military vehicles which were approaching the area," the statement said.

The Israeli army said in a statement that "terrorists affiliated with the Palestinian Islamic Jihad in the southern Gaza Strip fired a mortar shell at IDF forces."
Print
.:: No Comments ::.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Israeli forces bomb al-Wafa Hospital in Gaza City
32 more Palestinians killed in Gaza as Wednesday total hits 56
Mashaal: No one can disarm Palestinian resistance

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014