اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Algerian aid convoy denied entry at Rafah crossing
Published Tuesday 13/05/2014 (updated) 18/05/2014 14:39
Font- Font+
(MaanImages)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- An aid convoy from Algeria was denied entry to the Gaza Strip via the Rafah crossing on Tuesday, the convoy's coordinator told Ma'an.

Muhammad Abu Mirie said that the convoy was stopped by Egyptian authorities, who said the convoy's entry had been postponed to Sunday.

If allowed to enter the Strip, the convoy will deliver medicine and medical equipment to the Algerian hospital in Khan Yunis, Abu Mirie said.

Rafah has been the principal connection between Gaza's 1.7 million residents and the outside world since the imposition of an economic blockade by Israel in 2007.

There have been frequent closures of the crossing in recent months due to political unrest in Egypt and violence in the Sinai peninsula, placing an added burden on Gaza Strip residents.

After the July overthrow of president Mohamed Morsi, Egypt's army has repeatedly closed the Rafah border crossing and destroyed hundreds of tunnels that Gazans used for years to import fuel, building materials, and other goods.
Print
1 ) EGYPT IS BLOCADING / GAZA
14/05/2014 10:40
WHY?????
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Israel refuses humanitarian truce after Hamas accepts
Israeli army confirms it fired into UN Gaza refuge
Gazans cautious through Eid calm as Palestinian killed late Sunday

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014