Official: PA to consider ceasing security contact with Israel
Published Thursday 15/05/2014 (updated) 17/05/2014 18:23
Israeli border police pictured in Abu Dis on May 12, 2014
RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- A high-ranking security official told Ma'an that the Palestinian Authority is considering ceasing security contact with Israel after the killing of two young Palestinians earlier on Thursday in Ramallah.
The official said that the Israeli escalation on Thursday which led to the deadly shooting of two Palestinians, and the critical injury of another in Ramallah, is ignoring international laws, and the Palestinian people's right to self-determination.
This, in addition to the continued settlement activity and other daily violations to Palestinians, their property and land, led the Palestinian leadership to consider this step, he added.
The Palestinian Authority and Israel currently maintain extensive security coordination, largely targeting what Israel determines to be anti-Israel militant activity.