Israeli forces deny Nablus farmers access to fields to harvest wheat
Published Saturday 24/05/2014 (updated) 26/05/2014 12:49
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces on Saturday morning prevented Palestinian farmers from accessing their fields to harvest wheat south of Nablus in the northern West Bank, a Palestinian official said.
Ghasan Daghlas, who monitors settlement-related activities in the northern West Bank, told Ma'an that dozens of Palestinian farmers were on their way to harvest wheat in the area of Lafjan near the village of Aqraba when they were stopped.
Daghlas said that Israeli troops blocked the farmers and told them that they could not access their fields because the area had been declared a closed military zone, with no further explanation.
An Israeli military spokeswoman did not immediately return calls seeking comment.