اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Netanyahu agrees on 12-hour ceasefire beginning at 7 a.m.
Israel rejects responsibility for elderly Palestinian's death
Published Saturday 21/06/2014 (updated) 22/06/2014 14:36
Font- Font+
(MaanImages)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- The Israeli army on Saturday denied responsibility for the death of an elderly Palestinian earlier in the day, saying that he had passed away in an unrelated incident during a raid on his village.

Jamil Ali Abed Jabir, who was in his 60s, died during an Israeli night raid on Haris near Salfit in the northern West Bank. Locals said that he suffered a heart attack while trying to prevent Israeli soldiers from raiding his home for a search.

An official at the regional Israeli military liaison Adel Masalha, however, told Ma'an that "the Israeli army did not raid Jabir's house. They were nearby."

Masalha added that "a youth from the family came to the army asking for help to call an ambulance to save his father, and an Israeli ambulance was called before the Palestinian Red Crescent ambulance took him to a medical center."

Palestinian security sources, however, said the Israeli military account was false and that the soldiers had prevented him from leaving during the raid to receive treatment.

The sources told Ma'an that Jabir died "after Israeli soldiers prevented his family from taking him to a hospital for treatment."
Print
1 ) Sarah / The Netherlands
21/06/2014 19:06
According to eyewitnesses (incl. a nephew): They violently barged into the home of Hajj Jamil Ali Jaber, and assaulted him while shouting and ransacking his property, before the man collapsed and died of a heart attack. One of his nephews stated that the soldiers prevented the family from moving Jabber to a local clinic in Hares nearby village. And I believe Palestinians, "Israelis" lie as they breath air.

2 ) Rebecca / Belgium
21/06/2014 23:34
I believe the Israeli account. The trained regular soldiers can be seen to be respectful to all residents while searching for their young teen boys. Often the locals lie to put Israel in bad light. Let's pray the kidnapped boys get back to their families soon or there will be big repercussions

3 ) Kora / Belgium
21/06/2014 23:40
Of course they (Israel/IDF) are responsible, barging & rampaging through the villages like they own everything on earth. The heart attack was clearly brought on by the stress & shock of it all. They are like rabid dogs & need to be stopped. Surprised more people aren't dead already. Condolences to the families of all those dead so far.

4 ) Golden Dome / USA
22/06/2014 01:11
Lets see the U.S. Congress deny funding to this specific Brigade. One by one, little by little we should defund the IDF and settlement construction and contractors of the Occupation.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Netanyahu agrees on 12-hour ceasefire beginning at 7 a.m.
Toddler 'killed in ICU' as Israel bombs Gaza City hospital
Palestinian death toll at 843 as Israel announces death of soldier

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014