اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Israel detains 37 Palestinians as arrest operation continues
Published Monday 23/06/2014 (updated) 24/06/2014 16:51
Font- Font+
A member of the Israeli security forces, taking part in the
search for three missing teenagers, during clashes with
Palestinians early on June 22, 2014 in the West Bank city
of Ramallah.(AFP/Abbas Momani)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Israeli military forces detained 37 Palestinians overnight Sunday in the occupied West Bank as a search operation launched to find three missing Israelis continued for the 11th day.

Israeli soldiers carried out house-to-house inspections in Nablus and Balata refugee camp and detained Salih Saadi al-Amir, Taha Salous, Ahmad al-Tanbour, Abd al-Rahman al-Bishtawi, and Amir Ishtayya, locals said.

In Bethlehem, Israeli forces confiscated computers and surveillance cameras from a money changing shop and damaged a safe while trying to open it.

Israeli forces also raided four money changers in Hebron, confiscating all computers and security cameras.

An Israeli army spokeswoman said 37 Palestinians were detained overnight as Israeli forces raided 80 locations, focusing on northwest Hebron, Jenin, and Beit Awwa.

Soldiers also raided seven Hamas-affiliated charities, she added.

A large-scale military operation was launched by Israel 10 days ago after three Israelis went missing in the occupied West Bank.

Under the pretext of searching for the missing teenagers, Israeli forces have detained 471 Palestinians, including 11 parliamentarians, in over 400 targeted raids on homes, civil society institutions, universities and media outlets, according to the PLO.

Israeli forces have also severely restricted the movement of Palestinians, with temporary closures at the main north-south Container checkpoint and a lock-down on the Hebron district, home to over 600,000 Palestinians.

Israeli forces have killed five Palestinians while conducting arrest operations, including two men shot dead on Sunday.

Israel accuses Hamas of kidnapping three Israeli teenagers from Gush Etzion settlement near Bethlehem.

So far, there has been no claim of responsibility and no sign of the missing youngsters, although Israeli military spokesman General Motti Almoz said on Sunday that all information indicated they "are alive."
Print
1 ) Every day that the kidnapped / are held underground
23/06/2014 14:29
and noone knows if they are dead or alive is causing the PALESTINIAN IMMENSE PLEASURE!! very worth while kidnapping!!! and the arrests will conitue on and on and on....

2 ) Rondo Mondo / Canada
23/06/2014 14:59
Maan you should report the arrest of the Hamas operative and son who shot and killed an Israeli and injured his wife near Hebron: "Ziad Awad and his son Izz Eddin Hassan Ziad Awad were arrested on May 7 by the Israel Police’s elite counter-terrorism unit in collaboration with the Shin Bet security service for the April 14 shooting of the 47-year-old father of five." It is time to root out Hamas out of the West Bank. Abbas is right to help the Israelis.

3 ) Mel / USA
23/06/2014 16:18
POGROMS!POGROMS!POGROMS!Persecution,segregation,"lebensraum" yellow stars,Paris 'Round-Up'time. Deja Vu!
Ask the RAVSHATZ/colony police where the young settler-men are? It's a closed Jews-only zone! The Israeli police ignored the(silent)911 call from one of them? Check the Jews-only illegal outposts too? Or maybe they're watching FIFA,on Ben Yehuda Street & beating to death young Palestinian boys with batons,in mob-attacks(2010)?

4 ) JoeFattal / USA
23/06/2014 16:38
And General Almoz no indication shows that it is Hamas or any palestinian group. Israel cannot judge Hamas or any affiliated group just because of their records, neither they can blame Palestinians behind the kidnapping unless they have proof, and neither Israel can say they alive or dead. But they can always confirm who has them. And how come the families of the 3 missing are not appealing to the kidnappers for their release, the Shalit family have done it. But than they new he was kidnap.

5 ) Patricia McCarty / New Zealand
28/06/2014 00:00
It is my understanding that the Israeli teens were settlers living in illegal settlements (illegal according to international law) and therefore were invaders, illegal occupiers living on stolen land! While the teens themselves are innocent victims, their parents and other land grabbers living in their settlement are NOT! It is regrettable that the teens were abducted and one can feel sympathy for their parents, BUT they and other settlers have no right to be there in the first place.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Settlers cut off electricity, attack homes near Nablus
Palestinian factions meet in Gaza as thousands march in Dahlan rally
Warning on funds, UN doubles estimate of destroyed Gaza homes

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014