Israeli forces re-arrest hunger-striker Issawi
Published Monday 23/06/2014 (updated) 25/06/2014 22:18
JERUSALEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces on Monday re-arrested freed Palestinian prisoner and hunger-striker Samer al-Issawi from his house in al-Issawiya village in East Jerusalem.
Israeli forces had raided the village and clashes broke out with residents before soldiers raided al-Issawi’s house and arrested him.
Israeli military forces earlier detained 37 Palestinians in the occupied West Bank as a search operation launched to find three missing Israelis continued for the 11th day.
Soldiers carried out house-to-house inspections in Nablus and Balata refugee camp and detained Salih Saadi al-Amir, Taha Salous, Ahmad al-Tanbour, Abd al-Rahman al-Bishtawi, and Amir Ishtayya, locals said.
In Bethlehem, Israeli forces confiscated computers and surveillance cameras from a money changing shop and damaged a safe while trying to open it.
Israeli forces also raided four money changers in Hebron, confiscating all computers and security cameras.
An Israeli army spokeswoman said 37 Palestinians were detained overnight as Israeli forces raided 80 locations, focusing on northwest Hebron, Jenin, and Beit Awwa.
Soldiers also raided seven Hamas-affiliated charities, she added.
A large-scale military operation was launched by Israel 10 days ago after three Israelis went missing in the occupied West Bank.
Under the pretext of searching for the missing teenagers, Israeli forces have detained 471 Palestinians, including 11 parliamentarians, in over 400 targeted raids on homes, civil society institutions, universities and media outlets, according to the PLO.
Israeli forces have also severely restricted the movement of Palestinians, with temporary closures at the main north-south Container checkpoint and a lock-down on the Hebron district, home to over 600,000 Palestinians.
Israeli forces have killed five Palestinians while conducting arrest operations, including two men shot dead on Sunday.
Israel accuses Hamas of kidnapping three Israeli teenagers from Gush Etzion settlement near Bethlehem.
So far, there has been no claim of responsibility and no sign of the missing youngsters, although Israeli military spokesman General Motti Almoz said on Sunday that all information indicated they "are alive."