اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Israel breaks ceasefire by shelling Beit Lahiya, killing man
Gaza-based PRC militants reject ceasefire
Published Saturday 05/07/2014 (updated) 06/07/2014 19:05
Font- Font+
(MaanImages)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- The military wing of the Popular Resistance Committees said Saturday that they reject any ceasefire that does not include breaking the siege on Gaza and "bringing back life to the West Bank and Jerusalem."

The al-Nasser Salah al-Din Brigades said that “the Palestinian resistance will not accept a ceasefire that is imposed by Israel, with Israel’s conditions.”

During a news conference in Gaza City, a spokesman highlighted that no ceasefire would be discussed if it does not include providing “a good life” to Palestinians and that does not acknowledge their legitimate rights.

He warned Israel against “assassinating” leaders of the resistance and threatened that they will “open the gates of war (in a way) they never expected, in all its forms and strikes.”

The brigades called for “unity and joint operations” to face any coming attack, and called upon Arab and Islamic countries to urgently act to protect Jerusalem and its people and to break the siege on Gaza.

They also called on the Palestinian security services in the West Bank to end “security coordination” with Israel and to support the Palestinians and protect them from Israel.
Print
1 ) Sonia / Belgium
05/07/2014 22:43
You cannot avoid calling and thinking of the military wing of the Popular Resistance Committees and the al-Nasser Salah al-Din Brigades as a bunch of wankers. Who have no concern for the working class Arab in the Gaza Strip, who wants to feed and educate their children, while and giving health care to the children's grandparents.

2 ) Sam / The free world
06/07/2014 06:22
ISRAEL, go in and flatten the place and put this lot out of their misery. Israel withdrew from Gaza unilaterally in 2005 for peace only making matters worse.

3 ) JV / Canada
06/07/2014 19:13
All these idiots are going to do is get a lot of Palestinians killed. The siege on Gaza will be lifted when the international community puts enough pressure on Israel. They won't do that while these idiots are firing rockets. If violence was the answer the occupation would have ended decades ago.

4 ) ABE / USA
06/07/2014 19:38
I know that Hamas is no longer in charge of the Gaza Strip but this statement sure sounds like Hamas! Duh

5 ) Outlier / USA
06/07/2014 19:57
Then it will be up to Hamas to ENFORCE a ceasefire on the PRC if it wants the current cross-border strikes to end.

6 ) Outlier / USA
07/07/2014 00:14
Then it falls to Hamas' to make the PRC accept the ceasefire. Otherwise, it will not be life they bring back, but death.

7 ) Yassin Ahmed / Sudan
07/07/2014 16:47
Please remember two members of the al-Nasser Salah al-Din Brigades were assassinated by Israel last week. Then Muhammed Abu Khdeir was horrifically murdered (in addition to the events & deaths in the W.Bank). I also read that Hamas said they couldn't stop bereaved people from firing rockets. I guess they all want to see where they can go with this. The demands (after so many years of siege) are not totally unreasonable, Israel should try talking to them. They might be able to go back to a truce.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Israel breaks ceasefire by shelling Beit Lahiya, killing man
Watch: Qassam fighters infiltrate Israel, kill soldier
Israel has completely destroyed 5,000 Gaza homes, damaged 26,000

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014