اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

3 killed in Israeli airstrike on car in Gaza City
Published Tuesday 08/07/2014 (updated) 09/07/2014 09:26
Font- Font+
(MaanImages)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- An Israeli airstrike on a vehicle in Gaza City killed three Palestinians on Tuesday, bringing the total death toll in Israel's latest assault on the besieged enclave to four, medics said.

Three people were killed in a Israeli strike on a civilian car in the Daraj neighborhood in the center of Gaza City, emergency services spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra told Ma'an.

The three were identified as 24-year-old Muhammad Shaaban, 30-year-old Amjad Shaaban, and Khader Abu Jabal, all from Jabaliya north of Gaza City.

Earlier, the body of Rashad Yassin, from al-Nuseirat refugee camp, was found under the rubble of a destroyed house in central Gaza.

Yassin is reportedly affiliated with Hamas' al-Qassam Brigades.

At least 50 Palestinians have been injured since late Monday in military action dubbed Operation Protective Edge, with Palestinian security sources putting the number of airstrikes at more than 70.

"Around 50 targets were hit, among them four houses belonging to militants, rocket launching sites and other terrorist infrastructure," an Israeli army spokesman said.

Dozens of sites were targeted in Beit Lahiya, Gaza City, and Khan Younis, with at least 13 injured in Gaza City.

Al-Qidra said 12 injured Palestinians had been taken to Kamal Adwan hospital in the northern Gaza Strip, six to al-Aqsa hospital in central Gaza, and another six to al-Shifa medical center.

Israel's army said 81 rockets had struck southern Israel on Monday, around a third of them during a short period in the evening.

The al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of the Islamic Jihad movement, took responsibility for launching 60 rockets into Israel on Tuesday.

The al-Nassar Salah al-Din Brigades, the military wing of the Popular Resistance Committees, said earlier it had responded to overnight airstrikes by firing five rockets at Eshkol and another 12 rockets elsewhere in southern Israel.

The National Resistance Brigades, the military wing of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, said in a statement that it had launched three rockets into southern Israel.

Correction: Ashraf al-Qidra told AFP earlier that four had been killed. In fact, three were killed in the strike.
Print
.:: No Comments ::.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Settler 'opens fire' on Palestinian protest in Bethlehem-area village
4 arrested, 3 injured in East Jerusalem clashes
Israeli forces open fire on Palestinians at Gaza border, injuring 6

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014