اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Gaza girls flee shells in Shujaiyeh, killed in place deemed safer
Published Tuesday 22/07/2014 (updated) 24/07/2014 11:31
Font- Font+
(MaanImages)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- A Palestinian couple from Shajaiyeh decided to leave their home several days ago and bring their family to central Gaza City, thinking it would be a safer place.

However, four sisters from the family were killed when their grandparents' home where they were taking refuge was hit by Israeli artillery shells.

"They fled the shelling in Shujaiyeh neighborhood, to their grandfather's house in Thalathini, but shells followed them there," the bereaved father said.

"My daughters were playing on the roof of their grandfather's house when I was telling my wife on the phone that we should go back home," father Yasser al-Qassas said.

The call ended all of a sudden, he said. "When I redialed there was no answer."

"I telephoned one of my wife's brothers and he didn't answer either. A cousin of mine then answered my call to say that my daughters had been killed."

"The blood of my four daughters and all members of al-Qassas family were sacrifices for Palestine," he added.

Nine members of the al-Qassas family were killed on Monday in Israeli shelling.

Tens of thousands of Palestinians have fled their homes following heavy Israeli attacks.

Print
1 ) Thomas P. Shultz / United States
23/07/2014 18:27
I hope the Israeli government sees these pictures. Graphic as they are, they are the literal "thousand words" - every single one.

2 ) Maureen / Australia
23/07/2014 20:05
Israel's war crimes in Gaza are being shown on commercial/SBS/ABC TV channels in Australia. Israel will never be able to rewrite the history books this time!

3 ) Tom / USA
23/07/2014 21:52
This is making Israel safer? This is making Jews around the world SAFER? It's absolute murderous madness.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Israeli forces detain former hunger striking prisoner from Hebron
Officials: Rafah crossing only open for '4 hours'
Turkish plan for Jenin industrial zone moves forward

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014