اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Police: Palestinian suspect held over murders of 3 Israelis
Published Wednesday 06/08/2014 (updated) 06/08/2014 14:13
Font- Font+
Israeli security forces stand guard next to their vehicles on June 30,
2014 in the village of Halhul, where the bodies of the three missing
Israeli teenagers were found (AFP/Menahem Kahana)
JERUSALEM (AFP) -- Israeli police on Tuesday announced the arrest of a Palestinian man suspected of leading the group that kidnapped and murdered three Israeli teenagers in June.

"Hossam Kawasmeh was arrested by Israeli security forces last month in Shuafat (a neighborhood of East Jerusalem), on suspicion of leading a commando group that kidnapped and murdered the three adolescents," the police said in a statement.

The June 12 kidnappings and subsequent murder of teenagers Naftali Frenkel, Gilad Shaer, and Eyal Yifrach in the West Bank triggering a crackdown on Hamas in the West Bank and an uptick of rocket fire from Gaza where a three-day ceasefire began on Monday.

The youths disappeared from a hitchhiking stop in an illegal settlement bloc in the southern West Bank and were found dead on June 30.

Israel rounded up hundreds of Palestinians in a bid to find the three while they were missing, many of them Hamas members. Israeli forces also shot dead at least five Palestinians throughout the military search campaign.

According to Israeli media, Hossam Kawasmeh said during interrogation that he received financial help from Hamas operatives in Gaza to recruit and arm the kidnappers.

Israeli authorities are still searching for two other Palestinians in connection with the murders, police said Tuesday.
Print
1 ) mary keating / Ireland
06/08/2014 15:15
It has been reported that the kidnappers actually spoke Hebrew, a fact that was apparently under 'gag order' while backlash continued and became a genocide. Is history being rewritten before our very eyes, once again?

2 ) Leandra / Australia
06/08/2014 21:13
Is that a joke? Theyve(israel) already admitted that those teens died in a car accident. It was obvious right from the start that it was all set up and the alleged kidnapping was obviously being used as a pretext to attack gaza. Why do they keep changing their pretexts and allegations? Makes them even more suspicious.

3 ) Alice / Wonderland
06/08/2014 22:23
Very convenient that suddenly (now the world is looking at the destruction in Gaza), that the suspects turn up. Not only that, but Israel alleges that Hosam Kawasmeh indicted Hamas in the kidnapping. The same Israel that said an Al Qassam fighter detonated a suicide belt, whilst others took a soldier captive last week (not true!!). Bibi now says Hamas are on par with ISIS, Boko Haram & others. Is there any end to the fabrications, or do we just live in a parallel universe?

4 ) JoeFattal / USA
06/08/2014 22:36
@1) mary keating / Ireland Of course they spoke Hebrew. And I don't think a Palestinian will pass as a Jews even if he speaks Hebrew. And they wouldn't have got in the car if its occupant were not Jews. Is Israel going to tell us that the 3 settlers took a ride with some Jews before they got killed, of course not. Of course Israel will come out with somebody, and of course its going to be a Palestinian. I have been saying they were killed by Jewish Extremists group from the start.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Police: Infant killed in Jerusalem attack, Palestinian driver shot
Israeli forces detain 17 Palestinians in overnight raids
Israel confiscates 20 dunums of Palestinian land near Salfit

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014