اجعلنا صفحة البداية RSS خدمة Add to favorite Facebook Twitter

Advanced

Israeli forces kill Palestinian during protest near Ramallah
Published Friday 08/08/2014 (updated) 10/08/2014 10:39
Font- Font+
(MaanImages/file)
RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- A Palestinian was shot dead by Israeli forces on Friday afternoon during clashes at Jabal al-Tawil east of el-Bireh near Ramallah, following a protest close to the nearby Jewish settlement of Psagot.

Medical sources told Ma’an that Ahmad Mohammad al-Qatari of al-Amari refugee camp was shot in the chest, before being taken to the Palestine Medical Complex where he was pronounced dead.

Masked gunmen had opened fire at Psagot settlement earlier, without any injuries being reported.

An Israeli military spokeswoman did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

Al-Qatari was at least the 16th Palestinian to be killed by Israelis in the West Bank in the last month, as forces have repeatedly attacked tens of thousands partaking in protests in solidarity with the Gaza Strip.

Also on Friday, Israeli forces injured at least 50 Palestinians in protests across the West Bank, including 40 in Hebron alone, where hundreds marched through the Bab al-Zawiya neighborhood in the city center in solidarity with Gaza.

Israeli forces used live bullets and rubber-coated steel bullets to disperse Palestinian demonstrators in Safa, near Ramallah, as well as in Azzun, near Qalqiliya.

Israel has killed 1,898 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip since launching a massive assault on the tiny coastal enclave 33 days ago, and has injured nearly 10,000.

The assault has ignited protests across the West Bank as well as among Palestinians inside Israel, who have demanded an end to the killing as well as supported demands that the eight-year Israeli blockade be lifted.

Israel killed five Palestinians on Friday since the end of a three-day ceasefire at 8 a.m., despite ongoing negotiations in Cairo for a long-term agreement between Israel and Palestinian militant groups.

Israel has refused Hamas demands that any ceasefire be predicated on the lifting to the siege, which has severely limited imports, exports, and movement of people, crippling the region's economy and leading to recurring shortages of basic necessities.

Israel, however, has refused, countering with demands that Gaza be de-militarized.
Print
1 ) Sam / USA
08/08/2014 22:04
Israel has also refused to become a part of humanity, and USA says super! We get to kill some more! What should humanity do with such evil corruption?

2 ) candice / France
08/08/2014 22:22
Since Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip in 2005, terrorists have fired more than 11,000 rockets into Israel. Over 5 million Israelis are currently living under threat of rocket attacks. More than half a million Israelis have less than 60 seconds to find shelter after a rocket is launched from Gaza into Israel. Most rockets launched from Gaza into Israel are capable of reaching Israel’s biggest cities, including Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Rocket fire from Gaza is a constant threat facing Israel’

3 ) JoeFattal / USA
08/08/2014 23:20
That Israeli sposewoman either she doesn't return the call, or she is looking into the incident. Maybe she still looking for the previous incident before this war started.

4 ) Outsider / EU
10/08/2014 11:18
2) Since Israel withdrew 8,000 Israelis from Gaza, well over 80,000 have since moved into so-called settlements in the West Bank I think the figures illustrate Israel's intentions more clearly than Mark Regev"s double-speak.
Name Country
Comment
Characters
Note: Comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Click here for more details.

Share/Bookmark

Abbas meets Arab League chief in New York
Israeli troops kill 2 Palestinian suspects in teens murder
Official: Cairo ceasefire talks still on

Close Next Previous
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2014